“Accelerating social and environmental awareness and change through remarkable and responsible adventure”
With such a fantastic statement from Adventure Uncovered, how could Women’s Adventure Expo not get super excited about their exciting new event!
Adventure Uncovered Live is at the ICA in London on the 30th of October. Yes, just less than a week away, but don’t worry their are still a few tickets left…. just a few, and you can buy them below.
We caught up with our friends at Adventure Uncovered to find out what to expect. Attendees will hear and participate in engaging discussions, questioning traditional perspectives and challenging the status quo. We like it! Attendees will also meet with like minded people in the outdoor, adventure and sustainability sectors, and learn how to plan a responsible adventure. Plus be inspired to make an adventurous and positive social or environmental impact or change….. we love it!
Here’s all the info
Adventure Uncovered Live will bring storytelling to life, sharing inspirational stories and journeys to help us better understand social and environmental issues, allowing us to understand complex issues in a simple, engaging way through the vehicle of responsible adventure. The evening of talks will inspire you to get planning your own adventure and take clear steps forward towards positive change.
In a disruptive, rapidly changing world it’s time to start new discussions, question traditional perspectives and challenge the status quo to create a platform for change. We’re keen to see more diversity, equality and ordinary non-adventure professionals to do the extraordinary as everyone — regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, or socioeconomic status — should have the opportunity to experience and thrive in nature and the environment.
- Shifting the Dial: Adventure, Crisis & Change Inspired by Nature
- The Adventure Community Working Toward a World Free of Plastic Pollution
- Taking Action: Sustainability and Empowerment in Everyday Life
- Social Impact and Change through Responsible Adventure
- Adventurers for Conservation: Protecting our Pristine Environments through Creative Awareness and Action.
- ANDY MIDDLETON – Founder & Director, The TYF Group & Founding Partner, Do Lectures
- DAVID JONES – Executive for Business and Sustainability, Plastic Oceans Foundation
- LOUISE EDGE – European Campaign Coordinator, Greenpeace
- ADAM HALL – Head of Sustainability, Surfdome
- ELLIE MACKAY – Award-winning filmmaker specialising in conservation, healthcare and education documentary worldwide
- FEARGHAL O’NUALLAIN – Educator, Explorer, Teacher
- SHANE WINSER – Shane Winser, Head of Exploration, Royal Geographical Society (RGS)
- OLIVER STEEDS – Founder, Chief Executive and Mission Director, Nekton
- CAL MAJOR – Founder, Paddle Against Plastic
- MARTIN DOREY – Founder, 2 Minute Beach Clean
- ALICE GARTLAND – Independent Consultant, Social Entrepreneur, Open Water Swimmer, Writer and Water Advocate
- ALEX STANIFORTH – Adversity Adventurer
- MATT FENTON – CEO, Inspired Ventures
- BECKY HORSBRUGH – Foreign News Journalist, Associated Press & Outdoor Swimmer
- IAN FINCH – Wilderness Guide, Photographer, Cultural Researcher
- JODY DAUNTON – Co-Founder and Creative Director, Another Escape.
So, let’s be bold in spirit and courageous in action together! Be part of the conversation and book your tickets here!