“I don’t know where to start!”
“I’m not sure I can do it!”
“I know I’m going to do something, but I just don’t know what!”
“I’m ready. Who’s coming?!”
If you’ve ever said any of the above, then here are 10 reasons why you MUST come to Women’s Adventure Expo on October 8th.
1. Free Yoga – Bristol based Ness Yoga will offer a complimentary AM and PM yoga session to any attendees wishing to join. Kick-start your day, or restore and balance your mind. This is an emotionally exhilarating day, and Ness will help you centre your thoughts and relax your spirit.
2. Free Climbing – try something new! The Climbing Academy of Bristol are offering free climbing sessions to all attendees on the day after Expo – Sunday 9th October. Come along to claim your voucher.
3. Free lunch – yes, there is such thing. A light, healthy lunch will be provided to all attendees.
4. Be a pioneer – this is the first and only Expo of it’s kind in the UK, dedicated to women. Be part of a positive, growing community of amazing people who want to encourage equality through adventure, and support each other’s personal journeys and challenges, whatever they may be.
5. No Mountain too high, No adventure too small. We encourage everyone to tackle their own personal Everest. For some, this might actually be Everest, but to others, the first step in any adventure is often the hardest, and you’ll be surrounded by many people who found their own individual way to make their first move.
6. Learn how to make a career out of your passion – The four Lowe Alpine Guide to Adventure Sessions will offer a load of practical advice on how to create a sustainable ‘Adventure Life’. Silversea Expeditions will also be there to showcase an alternative way to live a life of adventure at sea.
7. Prizes…oh yes. Interactive competitions throughout the day will give you chance to get your hands on some sweet outdoor gear, generously donated by Osprey, Rab and Lowe Alpine.
8. Turn your dream into reality – Last year, Ali Mahoney came to WAExpo with a notebook. She ended the day with the start of a plan to solo-cycle her Alpinestars bicycle from South Wales to Chamonix. This summer she completed it and she’s back at WAExpo hosting a workshop to share her ‘cycleogical’ journey.
9. Support a Social Enterprise – WAExpo are an ethical organisation with a mission that profits society. As we grow, we will support projects around the globe that use adventure to enable and empower women.
10. Discover membership – WAExpo have several exciting projects in development, and by becoming a member at the event, you’ll be the first to hear about the proposed innovative and inspirational future adventure events.
On top of this, we have hours of amazing motivational live content from a line-up of truly remarkable women. Come along and see for yourself and get a sneak preview here.