Getting to the venue on foot
Our venue is located on the harbourside, a five to 10 minute walk from the city centre or a 20 minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads train station.
Getting to the venue by bike
There is a dedicated cycle track to the south/back of M Shed. There is no cyclist access on the dockside at the front of the museum. There are several bicycle stands on Museum Street, outside the south/back entrance of the building. There’s a tyre pump at the end of M Shed on Wapping Road.
Getting to the venue by car
We’re located on the harbourside in the city centre on Wapping Road (BS1 4RN) around two miles from the M32 motorway.
There are two small public car parks nearby at The Grove (BS1 4RB) and Wapping Wharf (BS1 4RH). You can find more car parks on the Travel West website.
The Prince Street swing bridge is currently closed due to essential maintenance works. You can still access the car park behind the MShed as normal. However, there will be no vehicle access across the bridge during this time, but there will still be pedestrian access.
Getting to the venue by train
It’s about a 20 minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads train station to M Shed.
A number of buses leave from Bristol Temple Meads to the city centre, around a five minute walk away.
Getting to the venue by boat
You can catch a ferry from Bristol Temple Meads and Hotwells to Prince Street Bridge on the Floating Harbour, which is a five minute walk away.
Boats run every 40-50 minutes – visit the Bristol Ferry Boats website for timetables and fares.
More information can be found here:
Our venue has great facilities, take a look at the list below. If there are any special requirements you have and can’t see below please get in contact with us, we will do our best to support your needs.
- A café
- Lockers (£1 refundable deposit)
- Toilets throughout the museum
- Unisex babycare room
- A buggy park
- A level entrance at both the front and back of M Shed
- A reception desk with a section at wheelchair-user height and induction loop
- Two adult-sized wheelchairs for loan (please pre-book)
- Level access to all galleries
- Staff on all floors
- Three wheelchair accessible lifts with spoken announcements and tactile buttons (two are fire evacuation lifts)
- Accessible toilets on all floors (some with right hand and some with left hand transfer)
- An adult changing bed with a hoist